They say Love is Blind, They say loves knows no boundaries, no colors, no age!
Well here are two stories from North East that totally prove you right the above statement!!!
1. Senior Citizens in Love Ties the Knot
An elderly couple tied the knot in Guwahati and is also set out for their honeymoon in Shillong.
Shantanu Kumar Das, 73, and Manju Sinha Roy, 63, are boarders at the Old Age Home in Guwahati.
“It was love at first sight. They started an affair within days of their arrival at the Home. But we came to know of it only three months back. It was then that we decided on arranging their marriage,” the Old Age Home`s secretary Monika Sarma said.
2. Germany Girl Found Her Soulmate in Assam
A Germany girl fell in love with an Assamese boy from Borpothar in Golaghat on Facebook and now they have decided to tie the knot.
The unusual couple, Abani Koch and Selly, met on Facebook. As they continued to talk, they got close and bonded really well. Abani fell in love with Selly and confessed this to her. When he was persistent, Selly flew down to India despite all the words of caution she got at home, suggesting he could be fake or a con man, etc.
But it just took one sight of the young man outside the Jorhat Airport on May 17 for Selly to make that life changing decision.
Selly was quoted confessing, “At first it was a real struggle, but soon you realise you don’t need a fancy toilet or power shower to be happy.” She further adds, “I love my life here with Abani- I wouldn’t exchange it for anything in the world.”
Well as they say, All is Fair in love and War!
Latest posts by Frog Prince (see all)
- This Self Taught Artist From Nagaland Will Blow Your Mind With His Talents - 18/04/2017
- Mizoram Lad Jeremy Lalrinnunga Wins Silver in IWF Youth World Weightlifting Championships, Qualifies for 2018 Youth Olympic Games - 06/04/2017
- Jano Nyekha wins Best Folk Fusion award at Radio City FM - 24/03/2017